Advice for Buyers & Sellers

Buyers: April Fools’ Day has passed so I’m very serious when I tell you that buying activity has continued to climb as many people chase these dropping prices. The greatest demand is in the lower price ranges, where homes are selling for less than $350,000. For every offer I wrote in March, my clients were competing with multiple offers from competing buyers. Successful sales often required offers above the listed price. This type of activity signals a possible bottom, to at least the “starter-home” market. Conservative investors still see this market declining another 10%, but buyers who take advantage of the very low interest rates and tax incentives may not be affected in the long run. You can view all homes for sale, including foreclosures, online at SanDiegobythesea.com If you know anyone who is thinking about buying, please let me know how I may be of assistance.

Sellers: As our local real estate market goes, it seems like we may be slightly ahead of much of the country in the market cycle due to the national demand for San Diego property. Much of my current business consists of clients that have either lived or visited San Diego in the past and now want to return. This phenomenon has helped similar “sun belt” locations recover more quickly than other areas throughout our nation. My current listings have received large numbers of showings and have commonly received offers within the first 30 days, if not within the first week. Visit SanDiegobythesea.com to see how I will sell your property. If you know anyone who is thinking about selling, please let me know how I may be of assistance.